I always enjoy seeing what Gretchen has to say on Tuesdays. So I’m going to give Random Tuesday Thoughts a whirl. I’m blog carnival-ing. I’m a blog carnivaler. Here at the shiny new blog I have two categories for my posts so far: “Seasons” and “Random.” Seems like this whole RTT thing will fit in nicely. I am nothing, if not random.
- I’m somewhere in the middle on Steve Jobs’ death last week. I’ve seen people deifying him, and people complaining that we should stop deifying him. Cancer is a truly awful thing, and I think it’s sad when anyone experiences and especially dies from it. Plus, I grew up with Apple computers. I have never owned a PC. So I say, thank you, Steve, for the lifetime of really cool technology I have enjoyed.
- Just when I get used to Zoey’s sleep patterns, they change. We had just gotten the hang of a mid-day, super long nap. Now the nap seems to be shortening. Do we go back to two? Move it earlier? Is she just quitting? Why does she get up a little earlier in the morning now? Crazy babies.
- I attempted swirled nail polish I found on Pinterest. I must have done something horribly wrong, because it just made a huge mess, and now I have nail polish stuck under my nails.
- We went to the apple orchard on Saturday morning and it was fantastic! Beautiful fall foliage all the way, corn maze, barn animals, pedal tractors, apple sampling – it was a great time. And we came home with caramel apples. Why don’t I buy them all the time? Or thank goodness I don’t because I’d weigh a zillion pounds. It was a super thick coating of very chewy caramel. I was in caramel heaven. I ignored my screaming baby because I would not put it down. I wonder if I should go back. I wonder if they have them at the candy shop in town. Oh, and the caramel apple sundae at McDonald’s? That will surely do in a pinch – it was better than I expected.
- Friday night we wandered into our modestly sized Barnes and Noble and saw Alton Brown from the Food Network. This is not a regular occurrence, we don’t usually have celebrity authors in our midst. I don’t think we have since we moved here a couple years ago. So it was a very fun start the weekend. I really want to know where he ate when he was here, and what he thought. Here’s my new friend Alton and me:
- I think it’s crazy that we’re in peak Fall Color form, and yet my rose bushes continue to bloom like crazy. I feel like it says less about our gardening skills, and more about the fine people who lived here before us. Captain America gave them a good prune in the spring, but we really haven’t touched them since. One of them is particularly beautiful, because the roses seem to be in little clustered bouquets. I’d take a picture but it’s dark now. It’s always dark now.
So there you have it. Some Random Tuesday Thoughts. If you like random as much as I do, Stacy’s got a whole linky list of it back at her place. Just don’t expect me to contain my random in only one day a week.