Well. Now that I’ve traumatized anyone who has ever cooked something for me. It’s already time again for some Random Tuesday Thoughts.
- Last Thursday I ended up with the worst migraine I’ve had since high school. I am 33. So, yeah. Math. I’m blaming the migraine on McDonald’s for not offering decaf lattes. If you can sue for your coffee being too hot, I can probably sue for too much caffeine, right? Won’t it be fun when I have my millions, and all the coffee cups start saying, “CAUTION: MAY CONTAIN CAFFEINE.”
- I bought a little Glade candle for the kitchen, and I have to say it is the nicest candle. It’s spiced citrus, and it is the nicest smell without being all “HOLY CATS, CANDLES ARE BURNING!!” Meanwhile, Ella had a panic attack. Why are you burning a candle?? Is the fire alarm going to go off?? MOM!! I SEE SMOKE!! Yes, you do. Because it’s a candle. And I have to light it on fire for it to work.
- I’m trying to drink more water. I don’t like water. But I’m sure it’s still a good thing. Even if it isn’t bubbly.
- The older girls have had two days off of school for parent/teacher conferences. I know you teachers are in the building. If it gets much worse around here, don’t think I won’t drop them off and run. Just make them do some cutting or stapling or something. It’s a little too much togetherness around here. And guess what? They’re off for 2 1/2 days next week for a state teacher convention. More math! 4 1/2 days in October! That’s practically a whole week of school.
- And now I have threatened to separate the girls and put them to work. The separation is more traumatizing than the work. They’ve totally got the whole “best of friends, worst of enemies” thing down pat.
- I am still in love with Pinterest. I like getting all the ideas. Tips and tricks. Crafty crafts. Foods to pretend I might make. That sort of thing.
- It’s officially Fall in Wisconsin. After a good burst of Indian Summer, it’s sweater weather. That’s really how I determine everything. What temps do I like? I don’t know. I like to be able to wear jeans or shorts, with short sleeves and maybe a light sweatshirt or sweater. I like options. Yesterday I had to pull out the shearling boots. Which makes me feel like it might be a long winter, if I’m starting that this early. It’s not necessarily that cold outside, but I am that cold.
- Zoey decided while we were at parent/teacher conferences that maybe she walks after all. She managed quite a few steps. She’s not giving up on crawling, especially not at home, but it gave me some hope that I won’t carry her to college.
If you dig random, Stacy’s got plenty more of it.