Well, look at that. In the same post where I said I wasn’t going to let Thanksgiving get glossed over at my house, I forgot to include my Thankful button. #fail
So. Today I am thankful for thankful reminders. I have a lot of things to be thankful for, and it’s good to remember them. It really helps take the focus off things that can be frustrating. Like…things that start with S and end in W.
And now for some random:
- Hey, Daylight Savings! That whole “extra hour” thing didn’t work out so hot for me. The baby decided to get up twice that night, so I think I spent it rocking with her.
- Speaking of DST, how are you with time change? Change my clock and give me one meal at the new time, and I’m good to go. I don’t even remember that the time has changed. Captain America on the other hand, will refer to it for several days. “Well, it’s really 7 am a few days ago.” “I’m going to bed, because it’s really like 11 pm a few days ago.” I’m sure I’d have trouble with a big time zone change, but one or two hours doesn’t seem to rattle me much.
- I have zero, ZERO interest in Dancing with the Stars. That’s really random, but I guess DST kind of made me think DWTS. I have nothing against dancing, because So You Think You Can Dance has to be one of my favorite shows on tv. I think it’s just that I like to watch great dancing. Not people learning to dance. And ballroom is generally my least favorite dance genre. Plus, the people on SYTYCD are Ah. Maze. Ing.
- Zoey has decided that now she walks more than she crawls. Goodbye, sweet baby. Hello, toddler. But, for the most part, she still has some serious separation issues. I mean, let’s not have too much change at one time. I tend not to push it in group settings because I feel badly for the care giver. She tends to rile all the other babies up so it’s just a room of sobbing infants. But we had a church nursery victory this week! After a rocky start, she ended up doing really great! When I came in to get her, she didn’t even notice. She was sitting on the floor playing with toys. ALONE. As in, not having to be bounced around by one of the nursery workers. In all honesty, I almost cried tears of joy. Even if we’re not out of the woods, it was so good to feel like it CAN be done. Maybe she won’t get kicked out of childcare at the YMCA all of the time, just some of the time!
- Captain America is a ROCK STAR. I’m heading out tonight for a conference tomorrow, and he’s going to wrangle kids alone. Complete with bedtimes, and getting girls off to school while toting the baby. And picking kids up from school, after possibly having to wake the baby up from a nap. And I? I WILL BE WITH GROWNUPS. HAVING SLEPT IN A HOTEL ROOM. ALONE. ALONE!!
- On another note, I’m pretty sure Captain America has somehow paid Zoey off, or just convinced her to be rotten while shopping. I think his goal was to keep me from spending time in Target, and it’s working like a charm. After she shattered everyone’s eardrums this morning, I decided a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate from Starbucks was in order. Because every time I take her out by myself, I feel like I need a reward of some kind. I am exhausted, and the day has only begun. But you know what? There’s a SUPER Target mighty close to my hotel tonight…MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Stacy’s got more random at her place!