Thank you, Tuesday, for not expecting me to be organized. Although, who am I kidding? Every blog of mine is random thoughts.
- We have 1, maybe 2 inches of snow on the ground. It settled so heavily on tree branches early Sunday morning, that it’s still there. So it’s basically a winter wonderland wherever I turn. It’s beautiful. By February it will have a couple feet added to it, and I will want to gauge my eyes out before seeing snow again, but for right now, it’s pretty.
- Natalie is busy crying because she doesn’t like the pajamas I bought her. That she picked out. They are too tight on the legs. They fit the way they’re supposed to fit, but she doesn’t like it. Welcome to shopping for Natalie. Now, not only can I not buy clothes without her, but I can’t buy them with her either.
- I did make my own laundry detergent. Can you believe that? Just like my prairie sisters of yore. Making my own soap. To use in my washing machine. Before running the clothes through the dryer. JUST LIKE my pioneer sisters. It’s 3 shredded bars of Pink Zote soap, 2 cups of borax, 2 cups of washing soda. It made an ice cream pail full, and I need about 1/8th of a cup per load. So far, I feel like it’s working great. I’m nearly caught up on laundry, because I sort of dig using my own soap. Thank you, Pinterest!
- I have only managed to get the tree up with the lights on. (White lights again! Mwahahahahaha!!) Hopefully we can decorate tomorrow. With ornaments that can’t break. This is why I leave my tree up til Twelfth Night. Because I’m a little slow out of the gate.
- Something I’m enjoying about Zoey right now, is that she won’t go in a room if the light isn’t on. It’s as good as a closed door. Turn off the light, and she’ll walk right out. It could be over tomorrow, or even in 20 minutes, but I’m going to enjoy it while it’s that easy.
- I am strangely managing to be super excited for Christmas and not in the Christmas spirit at all, all at the same time. It’s like I’m Christmas bipolar. Fa la la la la, la bah humbug!
I guess that’s all there is to say. And really, there was plenty of it that probably wasn’t worth saying as well. More random to be found at Stacy’s place.