In honor of Valentine’s Day, I thought I’d tell you some random things I’m loving right now. And I mean random, because it’s Tuesday. Not the obvious things like my husband and my family and God.
- Downton Abbey. In case I hadn’t mentioned it. Even though I have. IT IS SO GOOD. Since Captain America doesn’t read the blog, I will admit to you that I tend to watch each episode twice. Once right away, because I can’t wait. Once shortly before the new episode so I can refresh. As if I needed refreshing.
- Lindt Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt
- The Civil Wars
- My Dollar store Valentine decorations.
- Yarn-related crafts
- The crockpot
- Date night! We had one Saturday! We just went to dinner and did a little shopping. But it was so nice. There were no chicken fingers. The loud child wasn’t mine.
- Our babysitter. SO. I am so excited about this. Do you know what I found out, after I got all into having a French nanny? Our actual babysitter spent the semester before last IN FRANCE. For real. She’s in French club. She has eaten frog legs. Next best thing to the Grandmere Au Pair? I think so. Plus, she’s the only person Zoey is willing to be left with besides us.
- My iPhone. Oh, Apps. You are so handy. Some of my favorites are: Words with Friends, Grocery IQ, Shazam, Petfinder (I’m not getting a dog), Migraine Diary, and Pinterest. And last week I downloaded the PBS Kids app. It just runs through clips of Elmo non stop. Other shows too, but we just need Elmo. Zoey’s got some serious love for Elmo. When Sesame Street gets to Elmo’s World, the house could crumble around Zoey and she would not notice. ELMO.
- Things my children say. Ask Zoey any question right now and she’ll say, “Yeah!”
- This video. This song. This place. This boy. This sweater. I was happy to see Bon Iver win the best new artist Grammy. Love his stuff. And he’s from Wisconsin!
- Vacation planning. It’s not til August. But I’m a little excited.
As always, more random at Stacy’s.