This is a tough RTT. Mostly because yesterday I thought it was Tuesday. And today I’ve thought it was Monday. Have you ever had that happen? Usually it keeps going in one direction. But I started the week ahead, and now I’m already behind. It’s bizarre.
- Today I saw a woman walking in the park who looked remarkably like Mary Poppins. I mean, down to the carpet bag and umbrella. Hair bun. The whole deal.
- I blame some of my day confusion on my work this week. I keep going from really behind with uber urgent projects to all caught up. It’s been hard to remember it’s all in the same day.
- Today is another massage day. You know, as long as today is actually Tuesday. Part of me wishes it was more like a soothing spa massage, instead of 30 minutes of my therapist dragging her elbow as deep into my back as she can. And part of me thinks if I had a spa massage now it would feel like the person wasn’t even touching me, with nothing at all happening except for the hour of quiet. Which, let’s face it, sometimes you’d pay $75 for an hour of quiet.
- I just finally finished up that book on French parenting. And now for a strange followup, I’m reading an auto-biography of a woman who started an organization to save orphans in Benin. So I’m going from how the French kids all go to free daycare and eat fancy food that I would order in a fancy restaurant and my children would refuse to eat; to poor, starving children covered in skin lice who eat 1/2 a cup of rice a day. I wish I was exaggerating. Half a cup of rice a day. That wouldn’t fill me up for 5 minutes. Heartbreaking. I don’t know how people see babies and kids in that situation and don’t just load them all up to take them home. Obviously that’s not possible, but wouldn’t you want to take them and just figure it out when you get home? If I were Angelina Jolie I would have 80 kids.
- Today I accidentally poured Zoey’s whole milk on my cereal. Yuck. Which now sounds really awful after my last random thing.
- When I went to the walking park downtown, I passed by the easy parking spot thinking there would be plenty more. Then I panicked, and parked on the 3rd – 4th level of a parking ramp. That had no elevator. Even though I had Zoey in a stroller. It was fine going down. But the walk back up was a little ridiculous. And I wanted to smack myself when I stepped out of the garage to see 3 easy spaces right in front of me. In my defense, when I went to the top of the ramp, I thought there WAS an elevator.
That’s all I’ve got. Stacy has more.