No it’s not. January and February might be tied for my least favorite months. I am never smart enough to plan a warm weather getaway. So, like last week, I’m listing 5 things I like about January to try and pump myself up for it. I have to admit, I had to get help from a friend. January is a challenge at best.
- There is slightly more daylight than late December. That’s nice. I like daylight.
- January holds a treasure of Target clearance. Target clearance is one of my favorite hobbies.
- The return of Downton Abbey. That’s definitely a highlight. And this year I am looking forward to Harry Connick, Jr. on American Idol. He’s hilarious, easy on the eyes, and will likely have great input for the contestants. I didn’t watch last year, but this year’s judges have me interested.
- All the cold weather things I listed last week. (Stretching…I’m stretching…)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day? That’s a good thing.
Ugh, January. I will hang in there as best I can. One day, ONE DAY, I vow to have a warm weather trip planned for you. Something to look forward to. A few days somewhere to thaw my frozen bones and get me through to Spring. As Arlo Guthrie says, “You can’t have a light without a dark to stick it in.” January, YOU ARE THE DARK.