I have tried positive thinking. Now I would like to think of places I would positively rather be in January. You know, if money were no object and all that. Keeping in mind, the high here today is 12, and I will be super excited Sunday when it is 37.
- Sedona, AZ. On one of Captain America’s work trips we made it up to Sedona for the day. I thought it was artsy and peaceful, and that’s the kind of winter retreat I would enjoy. They aren’t having hot temperatures this week, but you know what? I don’t like hot either. High 60s sounds good to me.
- San Antonio, TX. For the most part, Texas doesn’t interest me. But San Antonio looks pretty and fun. Their 10 day forecast has some 70s in it, and I’m completely open to that.
- Sea Island, GA. One of Captain America’s other work trips found us at the Cloister on Sea Island. It was gorgeous and wonderful and I would so gladly spend more time there. Why, this weekend they’re having a Downton Abbey inspired event, with special guest BRANSON. I mean Tom. What do we call him now?? I suppose his real name is Allen Leech. But whatever, how stinking cool is that? One of the events is a costume cocktail party – will you dress for upstairs or downstairs? Upstairs, for sure. Even if I don’t have Anna to help me. It’s not crazy warm there this week, but it doesn’t require a parka, either. I’d take it.
- Fiji. I don’t know what I’d do in Fiji. I don’t really know anything about Fiji. But in an Affair to Remember, that’s where Nickie’s grandmother lived, and it looked nice enough to me. So I’d like to go stay at Nickie’s grandmother’s house (I realize she’s dead now. And also not real.). I’d sit in her little garden and drink iced tea, and read books in her living room, and pray in her little chapel. Temps in the high 80s might send me into heat stroke, but I’m willing to risk it.
- Hawaii. I’d like to hike around and then eat copious amounts of fish and pineapple and shave ice. I would like to be on the beach, but I don’t care a whole lot about being in the water. Generally I am more interested in traveling the continental US, but in January with fake money I could go a little farther. Some green plant life would be nice. Highs in the high 70s and low 80s sounds just about right.